I had 20 short stories published this year (21 if I count “Buried Eyes”, which appeared in 2012 in audio only). They include 5 ”Central Station” stories, 3 ”Continuity” stories (all of which are pure science fiction) and a mixture of fantasy, horror and non-fantastical stories. Of the 20, 1 story is an original Hebrew story, which I was delighted to see published.
I published 3 stories in Interzone. I had my first ever publications in Analog and Asimov’s, as well as Tor.com.
3 stories have been picked up for Year’s Bests anthologies so far. “The Bookseller” from Interzone, and “Only Human” from The Lowest Heaven will be in Gardner Dozois’s The Year’s Best Science Fiction, and “The Oracle”, from Analog, will be in Rich Horton’s The Year’s Best Science Fiction & Fantasy.
I think Dragonkin was my major weird-fantasy story this year. In science fiction, any of the ones above or perhaps The Long Road to the Deep North, which I am very fond of. But really, I like all of them… I’m vain that way.
I have 8 more stories scheduled for next year, but I’ve not been able to write any more for a long time. I have a couple of new stories I’d like to try and write, though, once the new book is out of the way at long last…
Anyhow, here are the 2013 stories!
- Dragonkin, in Tor.com
- The Long Road to the Deep North, Strange Horizons
- Crabapple, Daily Science Fiction
- Titanic, Apex Magazine
- “Needlework”, Asimov’s
- “The Oracle”, Analog
- “Fishing”, Shimmer Magazine
- “What do we talk about when we talk about z——”, Black Static
- “The Book Seller”, Interzone
- “The Core”, Interzone
- “Filaments”, Interzone
- “The Myriad Dangers”, in Futuredaze: An Anthology of YA Science Fiction, ed. Erin Underwood and Hannah Storm-Martin [Amazon]
- “Between the Notes”, in Adventure Rocketship #1, ed. Jonathan Wright [Buy here]
- “Moon Landing”, in Unidentified Funny Objects, ed. Alex Shvartsman [Amazon]
- “Dark Continents”, in We See A Different Frontier, ed. Fabio Fernandes & Djibril al-Ayad [Buy here]
- “Watchers”, in World War Cthulhu, ed. Jonathan Oliver [Cubicle 7]
- “Waves”, in Ash, ed. Jared Shurin [SpaceWitch - free]
- “Only Human”, in The Lowest Heaven, ed. Anne C. Perry and Jared Shurin [Forbidden Planet]
- “Locusts”, in End of the Road, ed. Jonathan Oliver [Buy here]
“שומר עליכם, האקדוחן המהיר ביותר במערב”. בגעגועים למחר, ע. אלקס אפשטיין [בוקסילה]