I’m delighted to announce The Apex Book of World SF: Volume 5, guest-edited by Cristina Jurado and published by Apex in September in paperback and e-book. Cover artwork is by Sarah Anne Langton.
I am very excited about this new volume! Not only did I never imagine we’d get this far all the way back in 2009, but I think Cristina did an amazing job expanding the series’ reach with the latest volume. Please do consider pre-ordering your copy! (currently with a 25% discount). Or pick up all 4 previous volumes in one easy bundle!
Here’s the cover and Table of Contents!
- Vina Jie-Min Prasad (Singapore) — “A Series of Steaks”
- Daína Chaviano (Cuba) — “Accursed Lineage” (trans. Matthew D. Goodwin)
- Darcie Little Badger (USA/Lipan Apache) — “Nkásht íí”
- T.L. Huchu (Zimbabwe) — “Ghostalker”
- Taiyo Fujii (Japan) — “Violation of the TrueNet Security Act” (trans. Jim Hubbert)
- Vandana Singh (India) — “Ambiguity Machines: An Examination”
- Basma Abdel Aziz (Egypt) — “Scenes from the Life of an Autocrat” (trans. Elisabeth Jaquette)
- Liliana Colanzi (Bolivia) — “Our Dead World” (trans. Jessica Sequeira)
- Bo-young Kim (South Korea) — “An Evolutionary Myth” (trans. Jihyun Park & Gord Sellar)
- Israel Alonso (Spain) — “You will see the moon rise” (trans. Steve Redwood)
- Sara Saab (Lebanon) — “The Barrette Girls”
- Chi Hui (China) — “The Calculations of Artificials” (trans. John Chu)
- Ana Hurtado (Venezuela) — “El Cóndor del Machángara”
- Karla Schmidt (Germany) — “Alone, on the Wind” (trans. Lara M. Harmon)
- Eliza Victoria (Philippines) — “The Seventh”
- Tochi Onyebuchi (Nigeria/USA) — “Screamers”
- R.S.A. Garcia (Trinidad and Tobago) — “The Bois”
- Giovanni De Feo (Italy) — “Ugo”