I got an e-mail the other day saying congratulations on your CWA Dagger Award nomination. I replied saying, “What nomination??”.
It turns out that my short story, “Bag Man”, in The Outcast Hours anthology, edited by Mahvesh Murad and Jared Shurin, is indeed on the longlist for the CWA Short Story Dagger Award. I’ve never been up for a Dagger before! So that’s really nice.
The full list:
• “Room Number Two,” by Andrea Camilleri (from Death at Sea, by Andrea Camilleri; Mantle)
• “Strangers in a Pub,” by Martin Edwards (from Ten Year Stretch, edited by Martin Edwards and Adrian Muller; No Exit Press)
• “How Many Cats Have You Killed?,” by Mick Herron (from Ten Year Stretch)
• “Death Becomes Her,” by Syd Moore (from The Strange Casebook, by Syd Moore; Point Blank)
• “The Dummies’ Guide to Serial Killing,” by Danuta Reah (from The Dummies’ Guide to Serial Killing and Other Fantastic Female Fables, by Danuta Reah; Fantastic)
• “I Detest Mozart,” by Teresa Solana (from The First Historic Serial Killers, by Teresa Solana; Bitter Lemon Press)
• “Paradise Gained,” by Teresa Solana (from The First Historic Serial Killers)
• “Bag Man,” by Lavie Tidhar (from The Outcast Hours, edited by Mahvesh Murad and Jared Shurin; Solaris)