Delighted to discover yesterday that Unholy Land has been nominated for the John W. Campbell Memorial Award.
I did, of course, win it for Central Station back in 2017, so I don’t expect, nor have any wish to win it again. But I’m really happy to have this weird little book recognised!
Unholy Land was also nominated for the Kitschies, and is currently nominated for a Locus Award.
In other happy news, I’ve recently signed contracts for Polish and French editions. More TBA!
Delighted to discover that the Hebrew edition of A Man Lies Dreaming, published by Keter and translated by Tal Artzi, has been shortlisted for the Geffen Prize, in the Best Translated SF Novel category!
Best Translated SF Novel shortlist:
- Artemis, Andy Weir, trans. Didi Chanoch
- Provenance, Ann Leckie, trans. Emanuel Lotem
- The Heart Goes Last, Margaret Atwood, trans. Yael Achmon
- A Man Lies Dreaming, Lavie Tidhar, trans. Tal Artzi
- Crux, Ramez Naam, trans. Didi Chanoch
Delighted to discover that Central Station, translated into Spanish by my pokemon buddy Alex Páez, is nominated for Spain’s Kelvin 505 Award for best translated novel!
The awards are presented at the Celsius 232 Festival in Avilés, which I had the good fortune to be invited to one year – it’s a fantastic event.
Mejor novela traducida al castellano y publicada por primera vez en España:
● Estación Central, de Lavie Tidhar, con traducción de Alexander Páez
● El fin de la muerte, de Cixin Liu, con traducción de Agustín Alepuz Morales
● El portal de los obeliscos, de N. K. Jemisin, con traducción de David Tejera
● La extraordinaria familia Telemacus, de Daryl Gregory, con traducción de
Inma Falcó (Blackie Books)
I got an e-mail the other day saying congratulations on your CWA Dagger Award nomination. I replied saying, “What nomination??”.
It turns out that my short story, “Bag Man”, in The Outcast Hours anthology, edited by Mahvesh Murad and Jared Shurin, is indeed on the longlist for the CWA Short Story Dagger Award. I’ve never been up for a Dagger before! So that’s really nice.
The full list:
• “Room Number Two,” by Andrea Camilleri (from Death at Sea, by Andrea Camilleri; Mantle)
• “Strangers in a Pub,” by Martin Edwards (from Ten Year Stretch, edited by Martin Edwards and Adrian Muller; No Exit Press)
• “How Many Cats Have You Killed?,” by Mick Herron (from Ten Year Stretch)
• “Death Becomes Her,” by Syd Moore (from The Strange Casebook, by Syd Moore; Point Blank)
• “The Dummies’ Guide to Serial Killing,” by Danuta Reah (from The Dummies’ Guide to Serial Killing and Other Fantastic Female Fables, by Danuta Reah; Fantastic)
• “I Detest Mozart,” by Teresa Solana (from The First Historic Serial Killers, by Teresa Solana; Bitter Lemon Press)
• “Paradise Gained,” by Teresa Solana (from The First Historic Serial Killers)
• “Bag Man,” by Lavie Tidhar (from The Outcast Hours, edited by Mahvesh Murad and Jared Shurin; Solaris)
Delighted to discover yesterday that Unholy Land has been nominated for the Locus Awards, in the Best SF Novel category!
The full list of nominees is here.
My novella, “New Atlantis”, is published in the May-June 2019 issue of The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction! It’s a particular highlight for me to have the awesome cover art – by Cory and Catska Ench – illustrate the novella. Cigar smoking robots indeed!
The magazine “can be purchased in most Barnes & Noble stores, as well as many local independent booksellers. You can also order a single copy from our website or buy an electronic edition from Amazon, AmazonUK, and — now, available worldwide and in every electronic format — through Weightless Books.”
Delighted to discover this morning that the German edition of Central Station has been nominated for the Kurd Laßwitz Award, in the Best Foreign Work category!
Best Foreign Science-Fiction Book (translated into German):
- Die Gabe [The Power] by Naomi Alderman
- Zwischen zwei Sternen [A Closed and Common Orbit] by Becky Chambers
- Walkaway [Walkaway] by Cory Doctorow
- Eiswelt [Early Riser] by Jasper Fforde
- Autonom [Autonomous] by Annalee Newitz
- New York 2140 [New York 2140] by Kim Stanley Robinson
- Ich bin viele [We Are Legion] by Dennis E. Taylor
- Die Kinder der Zeit [Children of Time] by Adrian Tchaikovsky
- Central Station [Central Station] by Lavie Tidhar